Wednesday, April 30, 2014

He Pierced My Blind Eye Open, My Future is Here

A motivational speaker pricked me in the eye yesterday in Kampala. Robert Bake. His name is not as loud as Ethan Mussolini of Success Africa. But, he gladdened me with his seemingly studied words. Now I have fallen straight into his pit.
In 2012, Mussolini during a Jinja retreat equally flabbergasted me. Musso is great for his spontaneous stress relieving skills. Bake stands special today for putting me into action.  Dear Bake, I started my homework the moment you left us alone. You are my witness; I did not say anything as you spoke. I was only listening. Actively.
One thing is for real, reading good work steadfastly is key in shaping our thinking. It enables us borrow best practices employed by successful people. One particular statement of this speaker (Bake) was a thunderstorm. It destroyed my territory. Bake observed that Success comes from talent, interest and sacrifice. We ought to discover our talents. Successful Countries like China invest in capacity building for young talents as early as possible.
Other contents that Bake shared were among others; the need to “divorce procrastination“, reduce the number of hours spent on sleep, prioritizing expenditures, having clear visions, missions, Objectives and goals, But also identifying gauges or pointers (some would call it - indicators)
Reader, where do you think is my talent? Do I have interest in it? Can I count my eggs laid by this talent today? Boy, these questions remain difficult for now because I met Bake only yesterday. Tomorrow should be able to deliver ONLY resounding yes answers.
For now, allow me undress myself in front of you and immediately also declare to you how I have intended (inspired by Bake’s speech) to dress up smart effective today onwards. The resolutions are based on my three year target. I will reveal this target when the time comes.
From now on, this blog will remain my biggest office. My talent, my interest, my training I gathered is absolutely here. Initially, I lacked the sacrifice, now I give it all. Every day or weekly I promise to live here and strive to market it and move on here.
Bye-bye to my pool playing colleagues. I will put the daily time I used to spend with you somewhere else for now.  Pass on boda boda, unless the situation is as critical as death, I will prefer from today to walk all the walkable distances to save some little coins for my groceries instead for now.
My facebook friends we shall be interacting a lot, but sharing only fruitful information. Casual chats may for now stay asleep. I need some little time to do productive work on this blog and research big from other online resources.
I encourage my friends who prefer beeping my mobile instead of calling to forgive me for three years only. My Airtime funds will be diverted to something I will disclose later, but I will always call people who mean straight business on the spot.
Restaurants will not benefit a lot from me again in three years. Rolex will be on a long leave too. Am going to cook my food at home. Junk foods can wait for me. I may enjoy them again when hard time gets me in the darkest corner of this small world.
Lastly, may THE ALMIGHTY guide me through this short journey. I will as well dedicate a lot of my time to seek from heaven. So help me God!
 
 

1 comment: